HMRC’s latest Talking Points mentions that recorded webinars will be available as follows:
An overview of the new VAT late submission, late payment penalties and interest changes
This recorded webinar will explain HMRC’s new VAT penalties and VAT interest changes. These will replace the VAT default surcharge for VAT accounting periods starting on or after 1 January 2023.
The Trust Registration Service and reporting discrepancies
This recorded webinar will cover:
- what is the Trust Registration Service
- what is a trust, trustee and relevant person
- the proof of registration document
- how to make a report and penalties for not complying
Super-deduction first-year capital allowance
This recorded webinar is an overview of the super-deduction capital allowance and covers:
- what expenditure qualifies
- what exclusions may apply
- how to use HMRC’s new online tool to check eligibility
- how to claim the super-deduction relief
Related content from Claritax Books
This substantial volume on Financial Planning with Trusts, jointly written by John Woolley and Marcia Banner, looks at a wide range of topical tax and financial planning strategies using trusts. The book includes CGT, income tax and IHT.
Examples of the topics covered include (among many others) lifetime IHT planning; family investment companies as alternatives to trusts; offshore trusts; trusts and deeds of variation; trustee investment strategies; death benefits under registered pension schemes; by-pass trusts; asset protection trusts; personal injury trusts; money laundering and the Trust Registration Service.