Overseas entities that own UK property must use the register of overseas entities to provide Companies House with information about their beneficial owners and relevant trusts. The deadline for this is 31 January 2023.
HMRC have published new guidance on this topic, under the following headings:
- The Register of Overseas Entities
- Why the register is important for tax
- If you manage or administer an overseas entity
- If you are a trustee of a non-UK trust
- If you are a UK resident beneficial owner, or can benefit from the UK property
- If you’re concerned the right amount of tax hasn’t been paid
Related content from Claritax Books
Advising British Expats is a detailed guide to the tax issues arising for individuals who leave the UK to live and work abroad. Written for accountants and other professional tax advisers, the book also includes commentary on individuals coming to work in the UK.