HMRC have updated their policy paper guidance on settling disguised remuneration scheme use and/or paying the loan charge.
The guidance is arranged under the following headings:
- Changes following the Independent Loan Charge Review
- Settling scheme use
- Customers who want to settle now
- Support for customers
- Contacting HMRC to arrange an affordable payment arrangement (Time to Pay arrangements)
- Repaying a DR loan to a third party
- Independent debt advice
- HMRC approach in cases where someone chooses not to engage and pay what they owe
- What happens now
- Customers subject to the loan charge
Related content from Claritax Books
This detailed, technical book on Disguised Remuneration and the Loan Charge, by tax barrister David Pett, is aimed squarely at professional advisers. The work explains the practical application of a body of tax legislation that was first enacted in 2011, and that has been amended or re-enacted in most subsequent years.