HMRC issue guidance on how to “check a list of recent letters from HMRC to help you decide if a letter you’ve received is a scam”. HMRC have now added information about self-assessment repayment claims.
The overall guidance is arranged under the following headings:
- Claiming a repayment for Self Assessment
- Experiences of pension scheme administrators
- Letter OCA300 – repayment of student loan deductions
- Letter VPCF1 – decision to cancel your VAT registration
- Refund of Income Tax from changes to your Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) grant
- Other letters you should check